Monday, June 30, 2008

Dekker's 4th Birthday

Sunday was Dekker's 4th Birthday. We had a great time. Ed and Nadine are in town and they were able to celebrate with him. We started out with a small birthday party on the back patio where we could have cupcakes and Dekker could open up his presents. He got some very cool stuff! Be ups to Colleen for making good tasting cupcakes. The kids are on a gluten free, dairy free, casein free, all organic diet. It's not easy making good cupcakes without flour and butter.
After lunch we headed up to Park City Mountain Resort for some inflatable slide fun and the trampoline and games which they really like. Dekker gets flying down the slides and you can see in one photo I caught him airborn as he hit the landing. That pretty much knocked the kids out for a while, and Colleen, Ed and I got in 9 holes. Colleen and I tied at 52 and Ed kicked our ass with a 42. I'm trying to establish a handicap. My scores were MUCH lower when I could take unlimited mulligans. Maybe I'll forget about the handicap and go back to shooting bogey golf. I took 6 penalty stokes in 9 holes and I didn't feel that I played all that poorly. In cycling related news, I got the invite to ride the Tour of Utah (www.tourofutah.com). It's a pro invitational only 5 day stage race in August. It is hard as hell and has a ton of climbing. If you think I'm starting to look like a prisoner of war, you are not far off. I weigh in at 134lbs these days. To put that in perspective, I weighed 155 in college and when I got married. I can't imagine what I'd weigh if I could kick the wine and beer at night habit. Also a lady just left my office. She needed to take blood samples for a new Life Insurance policy. Not sure how I did. My weight was 135, my heart rate was 40 (her lowest ever!) and my blood pressure was 80/60. If they didn't know they might think I'm sick.
Tuesday is Colleen and my 8th wedding anniversary. Holy $#@%!!!!









No comments: