Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer is here!

Summer is finally here. It's been beautiful and in the 80's each day. Not too much to report this week. My folks left and headed back to Michigan on Tuesday. It was a good trip. We have a few days before the Carroll's arrive on Saturday. Sunday is Dekker's 4th birthday. I know it's a cliche, but I can't believe it's been 4 years! I'm sure he'll get plenty of nice gifts.
This weekend was the summer solstice, which is always a bit of a bummer, knowing the days start getting shorter from here on out. When we first moved to Utah we couldn't believe how late the sun stays out. It doesn't get dark until after 9:30pm, which makes getting the kids to bed early a challenge (ever see that episode of the Simpson's when Bart and Lisa sleep over at the Flanders'-kinda like that.) But we are loving the decks on the house. It's nice to kick back on the decks with a beer and make comments about the golfers. We also have a fox in the backyard and he runs around the golf course chasing prairie dogs and birds. Here's Colleen and Haydenne on the deck. She is supposed to be in bed. Dig the Black Flag onesie. She also has them in Bob Marley, Beatles and Pixies. She is also sporting the Motown Mullet. I guess I need to find a Bob Seger one.

Each year during the summer solstice, I typically race the High Uintas Stage Race. I won't bore you with details but between stages on Sunday, the family meets me in Evanston Wyoming and we head to the Uinta Mtns. to relax between the races. I usually try to fly fish, but the water is way to high for this novice fisherman. But it's a nice afternoon just sitting by the Bear River and relaxing in the mountains. I don't seem to do that enough. I find it harder to sit still these days.
I also added a ton of photos to the Flickr account. You can find them in the upper right.

1 comment:

KiwiBoy said...

Sweet Todd. Congratulations! You're as heavy as Kristofer...