Monday, October 20, 2008

HUGE Weekend!! Birthdays, Golf, Trams, and Elk....

I'm exhausted! It was a fun filled packed weekend. Thursday was Colleen's birthday and Friday was Haydenne's Birthday. I think both girls had a great time on their birthday's. The Carroll's are in town as well to help celebrate. I don't think we could have packed more into a weekend.

On Friday night, I woke up swearing I heard the kid's party favors. I thought maybe one of the kids woke up and was playing in the kitchen, but everyone was asleep. I feel back asleep, but woke up hearing it again. It wasn't a party favor, but was a herd of elk right outside our backyard. I watched them for about 30 minutes. It looked like several dozens cows were behind the house and you could hear the bulls mating calls up on the hillside. It was amazing! I recorded a video with the sounds. You can't see anything, but can hear the elk calls. You can hear the cows and then you hear the big bull elk. Make sure you turn your volume up.

On Saturday, I got up early to get in a rollerski workout. Got back, put on the golf shoes and hit the course with Ed and Colleen. Colleen shot a 44 on the front and finished with a 91. Not too shabby for playing only a couple of times this year. Yours truly stopped keeping score at the 11th hole. Not pretty! After golf, I hopped on the mountain bike for 1.5 hours and Colleen went for a hike, got home and sat down for dinner and the Sox game.
On Sunday, I did another rollerski in the morning, we went to Snowbird to take the kids up the Tram, came home (I went mtn. biking, Colleen went hiking), and then headed up to the Clubhouse for dinner, and watched the Rays beat the Sox.






No comments: