Saturday, August 2, 2008

Boring....

The family is still back East and will be for a couple of more weeks. Dekker and Haydenne are having a great time with their cousins. They leave tomorrow for Southampton and some quality beach time. So really not much to report. I did a little 105 mile training ride with my friends Burke and Jeff, who do this kind of stuff for a living. We left at 8:45am and got back to my house around 3:00pm. The ride included7000 feet of climbing. For you folks back in Michigan, that's the equivalent of climbing 25 times up Boyne Mtn. For the Tour of Utah (www.tourofutah.com) the "easy" stage has 6,000ft of climbing in 100 miles and the hard day has 14,000 feet of climbing in 101 miles. In total, in 5 days we do 336 miles (one day is only like 12 miles) and more than 30,000 feet of climbing. This is no casual tour. This is a full blown professional race. The "easy" day, we will do the 100 miles in under 4 hours. D'oh!!!
It's funny to think that when I lived in Michigan, I used highway overpasses as "hill" training. So I guess the Tour of Utah is the equivalent of 1,000 times up the I-75 overpass. Funny to think..
Sorry to bore you with my bike stuff, but there's not much else going on.

One last thing, the Tigers are starting to piss me off!!!!!

No comments: