Sunday, August 3, 2008

The word for today: PAIN

So after a tough 6+ hours on the bike yesterday, Jeff Louder calls me up and wants to know if I'm up for some motorpacing. I said: "Let's do it!" Motorpacing is a way to improve power and speed. It involves getting behind a scooter and having the driver keep it over 30mph. It's much easier as the first guy. I was #2 for most of the day behind a guy who is probably one of the top 10 cyclists in the US right now. Not a whole lot of fun. It was almost a 4 hour ride with 2.5 of those behind the scooter. Our scooter pilot was able to get some video and posting it on his site (bikehusla.blogspot.com).
Here is part of the video. I'm in yellow during one of the few times I was behind the scooter. We were going 40mph. Now is time to take it easy for the next 10 days. I put in 27 hours on the bike in the past 9 days and 2 of those I didn't ride. Time to take a nap.

No comments: