Friday, August 1, 2008

I need a firewire!

Not much going on in Utah, but the family is having a great time back East. Dekker is having a blast with his cousins and the way Haydenne is going, I think she will be in college in a couple of years. I hope to get some photos from them shortly to post. I have some photos I can post, but I have the old camera and I'm missing the firewire. They sell them for $30 at Staples, but I decided $3.99 including shipping from Ebay was the way to go, but I have to wait for it to be mailed. Once I get it, I'll post some more photos.
This is Arts Festival weekend in Park City. It's one of the busiest weekends of the year and one of the biggest festivals in the Rockies.
I've got a big ride set for Saturday. I'm going to crush myself with three of my professional friends and one guy who might join us is a Tour de France stage winner and is about to head to Beijing for the Summer Games. I'm sure I'll get my ass handed to me.
After that, Detroit's own Romantics are playing at the Canyons. Another of the free, bring your own booze concerts we have in town. Should be fun. Speaking of booze, Utah is about to hop into the 20th Century. It looks like those stupid memberships are on their way out as well as they just increased the size of a shot (still no free pour-everything is metered) to 1.5 oz. and now we can buy full strength beer directly from the breweries in town. If you haven't been, Utah is basically like Canada. You have to buy all your alcohol in state liquor/beers stores. I actually don't mind it and really prefer the state stores. It's a pain in the ass, yes. But we don't have all those ugly LIQUOR/LOTTERY stores on every corner like in many parts of the country. I didn't realize what a blight those stores are until you get away from them. Even the bad parts of SLC don't look bad, because you don't have liquor stores on every corner of an intersection.
Anyways... have a great weekend.

No comments: