Monday, August 4, 2008

Pancakes at Night

I'm sure my readership (all 3 of you) is dropping with no new kid photos and updates. Just me and some narcissisms. I heard from Colleen today and the kids are having a great time in the ocean. For some reason, the East coast has horrible AT&T cell coverage. She's in the Hampton's for god's sake, how are all the people using their iPhone's? So anyways, our conversations are fuzzy and brief. But Colleen did say playing with the cousins has pushed them a bit. Dekker was always the cautious one. Even in gymnastics, it took awhile for him to be comfortable jumping into the foam pit. He just kinda step into them. Well, apparently that shouldn't be a problem. After a little convincing from his cousin Declan, Dekker jumped off the Lifeguard tower onto a mound of sand. Oh, and my little 20 month old princess jumped off the diving board into the deep end. Don't worry, Colleen was right there and she had floaties (Haydenne, not Colleen).

Here in PC, I'm still getting ready for the race. The training is pretty much over. Have some media things going on this week (and work). You would think I was going to Beijing. The race is a pretty big deal, but it seems alot bigger for the people who aren't racing it. I had a photo shoot today with the team, and I have TV interview's on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was a bit like this two years ago when I did this race. I did multiple radio and TV interviews. Here is a photo from 2 years ago during a Media Day for the race. I think someone forgot to powder my head.
The reminds me of a funny story most of you never heard. For 5 or 6 years, I managed the Headquarters for the Sundance Film Festival. That included taking care of all the publicists/media, whom I got to know pretty well over the years. I have an emergency phone call during the festival to run down to the Entertainment Tonight office located in the hotel. I run down there thinking the walls are falling down. Nothing is wrong. The emergency that had everyone and their mother looking for me was that Anthony Edwards (of ER and Revenge of the Nerds) was late to an interview and they needed my bald head to get the lighting done before he got there. So they put me 5 feet in front of Jan Carl the host. She's pretty much invading my personal space and there we sit, staring at each other for 20 minutes as they fix the lights (and powder my head). This is just when Austin Powers Goldfinger came out, and Jan has that mole. The only thing going through my head (other than "Where the hell is Anthony Edwards?!"), was "moley, moley, moley."

Well, I thought it was funny. I'll have to tell the story one day when I heard "Todd, you have MC Hammer holding for you." or what my female employees thought of me refusing to give Heath Ledger a room.

The photo shoot was in SLC, so of course I went to the Blue Plate and had a big stack of pancakes at 8pm.
It's 9:30pm, time to hit the hay.

No comments: