Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Real photos of the kids.

Ok, those aren't really the kids.
I posted new photos in the Flickr account. Just click on the photos on the right. I posted some old ones I found on the computer as well.
Anyways, everyone is back home and Dekker keeps asking when it's going to snow. I'll take that as a sign that he prefers the mountains to the beach. He came up to work yesterday because he wanted to see snow and ski lifts. Haydenne will be turning 2 in a couple of months, so we should have her on skis this winter.
I survived the Tour of Utah. Finished 67th overall. There were 115 starters. I felt good but not great. It was a race where I needed to feel great. But 67th isn't bad concerning I'm one of the few racers who work and have a family. The vast majority of racers are paid professionals and about 10 years younger. On Monday, I felt like I was hungover, but I haven't had a drop of alcohol in a few weeks. It's going to take the body awhile to recover from the effort.

Here are a few photos of the kids on their vacation back east. Apparently, no one in Southampton goes to the beach until after noon. So the kids had the beach pretty much all to themselves all morning. It looks like they are on a deserted beach. Check out Dekker's style jumping into the pool. We might have a little jibber on our hands. I might have to buy him some twin tips this winter. (PS: I'm in the process of writing a Detroit/Springfield to Mountain Talk translation book. Coming soon to a bookstore near you. It will have definitions of all the terms only heard in mountain towns: jibber, gaper, twin tip, huck, chillax, zipper line, etc...)

No comments: