Monday, September 1, 2008

5K run and first snow

The family did a 5K run this morning. Woke up to rain and 50 degrees, but the weather held and it was a nice time. There was snow up on top of Jupiter and 9990. Here is a photo of the base of Snowbird this morning:


After the run, there is a Miner's Day Parade and the Running of the Balls. It started pouring rain, so we passed on the Parade and Ball Run. The Running of the Balls is where they close Main St. and you buy tennis balls with a number on it. They release 2000 tennis balls from the top of Main and the first balls down win prizes like ski season passes, dinners, etc. It's been a blast in the past, but it wasn't to be this year.
Here are photos of the 5K:

Here we are getting passed by a Sumo Wrestler:




Here we are getting passed by a bunch of girls tied together:




Here is Dekker and I finishing. We either won by a large margin or lost by a large margin. I'll let you decide....




On a down note, for the second time in 3 years, I drove my car into a garage with my roof box on it. To make this worse, I just bought the box and hadn't even used it. I'm pretty pissed off at myself. I never did this until I bought a Land Rover Discovery. The taller car creates more problems for me than it's worth.

Happy Labor Day (too bad I'm at work!)


No comments: