Friday, September 26, 2008

The shorter days can't stop us!!

With the days getting shorter, it's getting tougher to play golf, hike, ride, etc after I get home from work. So Dekker and I haven't hiked in a few days. On Tuesday night, he asked if he could go hiking at night and see the stars. I said, "Sure." So around 8pm, Dekker and I headed to Pinebrook. It's our old neighborhood and has some of Dekker's favorite trails. The trails are also densely forested and have a large moose population (with bear and a mountain lion or two). But off we go. I don't mind seeing moose during the day, but spooking one (or having it spook me) at night is a different story. I was a bit more scared than Dekker. We talked allot and very loudly. Anyways, we headed out with our head lamps on and did a little hike. It was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of stars. We saw the Milky Way and a falling star. He wanted to do it again tonight, but I opted to hit a trail down the street from the house. It still has a fair amount of moose and elk, but its south facing and is all sage brush (ie. not thick forest). Much less chance of getting spooked (or spooking.) Dekker loves it and I'm sure we will do more this fall.





No comments: