Saturday, September 13, 2008

Glad I went to the Olympic Park instead of Boise

I was thinking of heading up to Boise to see BG play Boise State. Two of my favorite college teams. The heart is still with BG, but I do like the Broncos. I basically like any non-BCS team. The BCS is a bunch of $@&%!!! Anyway, after BG's embarrassment against Minnesota I decided not to make the 4.5 hour trip up to Boise. 4.5 hours use to to seem like a long drive back in Michigan, because I think that put you in the UP or Kentucky. Well, out West, Boise is the next town and its a pretty easy desert drive. But I stuck around PC and Dekker and I hit up the Utah Olympic Park for a couple of hours. The Olympic legacy has left so many things for us to play with. When I die, I want to be reincarnated as my kids. I'm love playing in the mountains with them, be it skiing, hiking, going on chairlifts, fishing, golfing, etc.
We checked out the freestyle ramps and, as luck would have it, the Chinese National Team was in town training. We also went to the top of the K120 (big tower) ski jump as well and came down via the Alpine Slide. Sunday is the Tour de Suds. It's a 6 mile mtn. bike "race" to the top of Guardman's Pass. It hurts, but the Suds means beer. There are kegs of Wasatch beer waiting for us at the finish. Weather should be nice. Last year, this race was run in a blizzard. Yes, a blizzard the second week of Sept. I'm pretty excited about winter and can't seem to stop buying stuff off of tramdock. com.
Here are some photos and video from the Olympic Park.
Ciao!

Dekker staring down the K120 Jump


Dekker watching a flying Chinaman


Playground at the bottom of the jumps


Dekker at the bottom of the jumps

No comments: